Friday, January 7th...Tom Brislin's Spiraling at NYC's Mercury Lounge
alyeditrix
2004-12-31 22:57:58 UTC
Ready to start filling up that new 2005 planner?

Here's something for ya...

Spiraling, who was listed on the indie top 10 of 2004 in NJ's Courier News, and
whose latest album, "Challenging Stage" was listed as the #1 indie release of
the year in NJ by Upstage Magazine, The Courier News, and The Aquarian Weekly,
will be appearing at NYC's Mercury Lounge on Friday, January 7th.

Edgy and dynamic, Spiraling plays their own unique brand of synth-infused
modern rock. The band has toured with OK Go and They Might Be Giants, and
was featured in a New York Times article profiling bands from New Jersey
who are on the rise.

Spiraling's website is http://www.spiraling.net/ , where you can hear songs
from their first CD, Transmitter. They also have a page at
www.myspace.com/spiraling, where they have over 20,000 fans and you can listen
to tracks from their new CD, Challenging Stage.

Come check them out at the Mercury Lounge next week. Here's the info:

Friday 1.07.05 New York, NY - MERCURY LOUNGE
217 E. Houston St, New York, NY. 212-260-4700.
9:00 PM, 21+ to Enter
cover $8
w/ Neon Thrills, The Giraffes, The Kites
http://www.mercuryloungenyc.com/
e***@ccil.org
2005-01-04 13:32:23 UTC
I had the opportunity to check Spiraling out last October a couple of
times and thought their live shows were some of the best I'd seen in
the area. Tom Brislin is right up front on the stage and angles his
keyboards towards the audience and lowers them a bit from a traditional
setup. This allows Tom more freedom of movement and the audience is
able to feel more connected to what he is doing. Very energetic shows
that I witnessed. I wish I could attend. I'd love if they could play a
little closer to home. For those unaware.... Tom Brislin is featured on
the YesSymphonic DVD banging on keys and singing back up. Yes must have
really been impressed with his performance because his credit reads:
Additional Players: Tom Brislin
ELVIS2000
2005-01-08 23:19:25 UTC
Post by e***@ccil.org
the YesSymphonic DVD banging on keys and singing back up. Yes must have
Additional Players: Tom Brislin
Well, he *was* the keyboard player in Yes for that tour. "Additional
Player" is an understatement.

JW
Steven Sullivan
2005-01-09 00:37:13 UTC
Post by ELVIS2000
Post by e***@ccil.org
the YesSymphonic DVD banging on keys and singing back up. Yes must have
Additional Players: Tom Brislin
Well, he *was* the keyboard player in Yes for that tour. "Additional
Player" is an understatement.
The DVD fails to do him justice in many ways.
--
-S
If you're a nut and knock on enough doors, eventually someone will open one,
look at you and say, Messiah, we have waited for your arrival.
Atom Bomb
2005-01-09 21:31:08 UTC
The pen won't stay the demon's wings, the hour appro.....
--
=>>::::::::::::::>===>-
---

ELVIS2000
2005-01-08 23:10:07 UTC
Post by alyeditrix
Friday 1.07.05 New York, NY - MERCURY LOUNGE
217 E. Houston St, New York, NY. 212-260-4700.
9:00 PM, 21+ to Enter
cover $8
w/ Neon Thrills, The Giraffes, The Kites
http://www.mercuryloungenyc.com/
Great place. Go on any random night and see some fantastic bands.
One of a handful of essential clubs in NYC for rock music.

Jeff